Who Smiles More — Men or Women ?
This seems like an obvious fact the women smile more than men. The images of women smiling when I did a Google Search seems to be way higher than men. I think women tend to be questioned more often when they are not “putting on a happy face.”
Imagine how you feel when you come back home after a hard day at work and you see your Mom, Wife, Child or your Pet when they greet you with a smile the moment you enter the door — All your stress is mostly gone.
- Immune Booster — I feel Smiling really can improve your physical health. Your body becomes relaxed when you smile, which contributes to good health and a stronger immune system. You have fever and cold and feel down try a quick smile thinking about some very funny moments you have ever had I bet you will start feeling good.
- Contagious Smile — I feel it’s very difficult for the other person looking at you smiling not to smile. It seems that there is some kind of wireless transmission of chemical that happens forcing their muscles twitched into smiles all on their own.
- Stress Reliever & Mood Booster — Biologically it seems that humans have a capability to force one particular hormone all by themselves that’s called “Happy Hormone” — Endorphins. Even if you force smile by just looking at a mirror you stimulate “Happy Hormone”. This sudden change in mood will help you feel better and lift your spirits by forcing yourself to smile.
- Happiness — Smile is a universal sign of happiness. Hand shakes, hugs, and bows which has different meanings in different cultures you do it with a smile around the world as a sign of happiness and acceptance. Scientists have mentioned that its easier to smile than to express anger or just frown as it involves more number of body muscles. When you see new born babies you would find them smiling even if they are not aware about any other expressions.
- Smile at Work — When we smile at work doing our day to day jobs it portrays about how you enjoy your workplace and work. Smiles make a person seem more attractive, sociable and confident, and research says people who smile more are more likely to get a promotion.
- Smile Makeup — Even if you a very well dressed and take a lot of confidence with you but your photo’s would look great only if beautiful, natural smile is with you. In social media research says that most number of likes you get on a photo would most likely the ones that has ☺
I guess now we have enough reasons to smile always. Now the fact remains that Women smile more than men because they tend to be questioned more often when they are not “putting on a happy face.” The whole concept of associating smile with feminine quality has much more popularity.
Marianne LaFrance is the author of the book, Why Smile? The Science Behind Facial Expressions. Her book sites a number of studies, which explain why women seem to smile more often than men. One theory is that females tend to be more empathetic and expressive than males. Autopsies actually show that women have larger zygomaticus majors — or smile muscles. It is unclear if females are born this way or if they exercise those muscles so frequently over a lifetime that they simply grow larger. When there is tension in the air, women more often than men try to diffuse it with a smile. “Women do what we call ‘emotion work’ and one of the best ways to do this is to smile to soothe hurt feelings, to restore harmony,”.
The poem from Unknown Author :-
Smiling is infectious, you catch it like the flu, When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin. When he smiled I realized I’d passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile, then I realized its worth. A single smile, just like mine could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin, don’t leave it undetected. Let’s start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected!