One fine morning, as I was sipping my cup of coffee my brain bombarded me with a few questions;
- HOW DID IT ALL START?
- HOW WAS OUR UNIVERSE FORMED?
- HOW DID EARTH FORM & FIRST LIFE START IN OUR PLANET?
As I got started with my googling effort, the first closest hypothesis says
- The formation and evolution of the Solar System began 4.5 billion years ago with the gravitational collapse of a small part of a giant molecular cloud.
- Most of the collapsing mass collected in the center, forming the Sun, while the rest flattened into a protoplanetary disk out of which the planets, moons, asteroids, and other small Solar System bodies formed.
- The age of the Earth is estimated to be 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years. This age may represent the age of the Earth’s accretion, or core formation, or of the material from which the Earth formed.
- Accretion is the accumulation of particles into a massive object by gravitationally attracting more matter, typically gaseous matter, in an accretion disk. Most astronomical objects, such as galaxies, stars, and planets, are formed by accretion processes.
I continued to search for more information, now that it’s getting interesting – here across an interesting video – Orion Nebula (M42) is located at a distance of 1,344 ± 20 light-years and is the closest region of massive star formation to Earth. The M42 nebula is estimated to be 24 light-years across and has a mass of about 2,000 times that of the Sun.
The Orion Nebula is an example of a stellar nursery where new stars are being born. Observations of the nebula have revealed approximately 700 stars in various stages of formation within the nebula – the closest resemblance to the creation of our Sun & our solar system.
Now it’s starts becoming more & more interesting – A nebula (Latin for ‘cloud’ or ‘fog’; is an interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium, and other ionized gases, the Orion Nebula (M42) has a lot of it too & as you know our SUN is a huge, glowing sphere of hot gas. Most of this gas is hydrogen (about 70%) and helium (about 28%). Carbon, nitrogen, and oxygen make up 1.5% and the other 0.5% is made up of small amounts of many other elements such as neon, iron, silicon, magnesium, and sulfur again similar to ingredients found in Orion Nebula.
So the hypothesis earlier is now able to connect the dots and it’s pretty clear that the entire solar system was formed by the interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium, and other ionized gases. But now I wanted to find out the chemistry behind it. For example, let’s study the formation of the Sun;
Most of the gas — about 72 percent — is hydrogen. Nuclear fusion converts hydrogen into other elements. The sun is also composed of about 26 percent helium and trace amounts of other elements — oxygen, carbon, neon, nitrogen, magnesium, iron and silicon.
These elements are created in the sun’s core, which makes up 25 percent of the sun. Gravitational forces create tremendous pressure and temperatures in the core. The temperature of the sun in this layer is about 27 million degrees F (15 million degrees C). Hydrogen atoms are compressed and fuse together, creating helium and a lot of energy. This process is called nuclear fusion.
The energy, mostly in the form of gamma-ray photons and neutrinos, is carried into the radiative zone. Photons can bounce around in this zone for about a million years before passing through the interface layer, or tachocline. Scientists think the sun’s magnetic field is generated by a magnetic dynamo in this layer.
Hence aspect that is pretty clear in terms of the universe formation:
- An interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium, and other ionized gases existed always and that’s what we call the universe.
- Our entire solar system is created from the Sun, which in turn was created from an interstellar cloud.
BUT HERE COMES THE NEXT QUESTIONS
- How did these gases i.e. Hydrogen, Helium, Carbon, Nitrogen, and oxygen form to create the universe?
- How did these small amounts of elements such as neon, iron, silicon, magnesium, and sulfur come into existence?
The secret lies in our PERIODIC TABLE – 1st element is Hydrogen made up of 1 Proton and 1 Electron. A Proton can be further broken down into Quarks. A proton is composed of two up quarks, one down quark and the gluons that mediate the forces “binding” them together. The color assignment of individual quarks is arbitrary, but all three colors must be present. Quarks have various intrinsic properties, including electric charge, mass, color charge, and spin. Quarks combine to form composite particles called hadrons, the most stable of which are protons and neutrons, the components of atomic nuclei.
AREN’T YOU MORE CURIOUS NOW – THE NEXT QUESTION FROM WHERE DID WE GET ELECTRICAL CHARGE TO FORM THE QUARKS??
Let’s understand a simple example here – Clouds collide to form it creates lighting and thunder, similar fundamentals apply for QUARKS formation.
A charge is created by the friction of 2 or more dust particles rubbing against each other creating QUARKS – the fundamental constituent of any matter.
I finally bumped into this video that clearly explained in less than 5 minutes how the entire life creation happened in the universe.
ONE BIG SPIRITUAL REALIZATION AFTER UNDERSTANDING ALL OF THIS;
- “We” were born from a QUARK & “We” will end in a Quark
- Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another & QUARK decides our next form
“We are all dust passing through the air, the difference is, some are flying high in the sky, while others are flying low. But eventually, we all settle on the same ground.” ― Anthony Liccione
REMEMBER IT’S JUST A CHARGE – QUARK QUARK QUARK